Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Milestone Post with the Milestone Contest

Milestone blog posts always deserve some sort of fanfare, and this is my 500th post on Logophilius, so let’s seen how my fans fare.

First, though, let me thank any of you who consider yourself a fan. (Even you, mom!) If I could mention you each by name, I would...but I really don't have any idea who you are. So, to all my anonymous and seminonymous readers: Thank you thank you thank you!

Now, on to the matter at hand:

I’ve been pulling together an e-book of short stories and shorter poems, many from this blog, tweaked and re-edited, but also a few new ones that haven’t yet seen the light of day. I wanted to use my 500th post as an opportunity to give away a copy or two.

But the book isn’t finished, and likely won’t be until mid-April. Far from nixing the giveaway idea, though, this actually opens up more possibilities. So here’s the deal:

The Prize

The winner of this contest will win a free copy of my e-book (titled Seasonal Work) when I finally get it put together and published -AND- since the stories are still in editorial flux, I will write the winner into one of the short stories.

If this contest gets more than 10 entrants, I will award a SECOND free copy of the e-book to another lucky person, and (thinking big) I will give away another free copy for every 10 entrants thereafter.

I will pull out my trusty, dusty D&D dice to determine the winner(s).

How to Enter

To enter the contest, just leave a comment under this post revealing something about your relationship with short stories, for example, your favorite short story, you favorite short story author, or a very short story about your full name and credit card numer (don't forget the security code on the back!). I'm not particular.

The contest will run until Monday, April 8, 2013 at 4:37 p.m. Eastern time. Only one entry per person.

No trolls, please. I simply don't have any trolls in any of my stories and don't want to have to write one in.

Tell all your friends! After all, the more who people enter, the more your odds of winning stay exactly the same!