Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's All About Me! (An Interview)

I forget things. We all do sometimes. We see something that needs to be done and we tell ourselves, 'Don't forget to do that the next time you get the chance.' And then, the next time we get the chance, we've forgotten about it.


But we remember about it later when, of course, we are in no position to act. Like, we're driving or we're in the shower. So we tell ourselves again, 'Hey, idiot! Don't forget to do this!' But then we forget again. Too many distractions. Too long a to-do list. Too much other nonsense competing for our time. Simply too forgetful.

Sometimes I feel like this sort of thing -- this tortuous cycle of remembering and forgetting and remembering and never getting the thing done -- happens to me more often than to other people. Whether that's true or not, it has happened here quite recently.

I speak (well, write) of my interview with Tony Noland following the publication of Seasonal Work. It hit his blog on June 26, ages ago, but I'm just now in the right place at the right time with the right memory to post a link to it here.

So here it is.

Now if only I can remember where I put my gingko.